Learn how to apply automatic charges for additional people on reservations.
Use Occupancy Based Surcharge rules to automatically assign a fee to a reservation based on the number of occupants (adults and/ or children).
Want to learn more about additional people? Check out this article:
Follow the steps below to learn where to locate this rule setup and how to create a new variation of the rule.
Navigate to Rules
Using the primary navigation button, click on Rules
On the Rules page, click on the Pricing tab
Click on Occupancy Based Surcharges
From this page, you will see what rules you currently have in place for your park.
How to add a New Variation
A variation is a rule. Click the New Variation button to open a blank occupancy surcharge rule form.
Occupancy Based Surcharges Rule Form
The variation name is used to identify the rule in the occupancy base surcharge rules list after saving and identify the fee on the invoice. This field is customer facing.
The activate dates represent the stay dates the rate change of the rule will affect. At least one date group is required. Click in the active dates field and choose an active date group from the list to add a date group.
A rate group applies an alternative fee schedule based on the stay dates of a reservation. Click in the rate group field and choose an active rate group from the list to add. Rate groups are configured in the Rate Group section.
The site type field specifies to which site type this rule applies. Click in the site type field and select an active type from the list to add to the rule.
If Stay is _ to _ night(s)...
The stay length requirement configurations are defined as follows:
- Greater than (no repeat) – the reservation must be for more than the nights entered for the rule to apply.
- Equal to (repeats) – the reservation must be for exactly the number of nights entered for the rule to apply and it can repeat if the requirements are met multiple times.
- Equal to (no repeat) – the reservation must be for exactly the number of nights entered for the rule to apply and it cannot repeat no matter the number of nights the guest is staying.
- Less than (no repeat) – the reservation must be for less than the nights entered for the rule to apply.
Then select the number of night(s).
and is booked _ to _ days prior to arrival.
This specifies when the package applies based on the number of days in advance the reservation is booked.
# of free people
This specifies the number of free people for each active age category. If the age category is blank, the number of free people should be left at zero.
The wildcard when selected for an age categories allows the other age categories to borrow unused free people from that age category.
M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su
This table represents the daily surcharge per occupant in each age category to be applied after all free occupants have been used.
Surcharge applies to _
The duration requirement configurations are defined as follows:
- Every day - the surcharge applies to the entirety of the reservation.
- Eligible period - the surcharge applies to a specified number of nights of a reservation.
Occupancy surcharge price cap applies _
If the surcharge is capped, the value entered will cap the surcharge based on the applicable price cap option. The price cap options are defined as follows:
- not at all - the total occupancy surcharge is not capped.
- per person
- per age group
- per all age groups
Questions? To learn more about creating a Occupancy Based Surcharge, click here.