Learn how to apply manual charges to reservation invoices.
Miscellaneous Charges allows a user to configure additional charges added to a reservation invoice. These charges cannot or do not fall within the rules or base pricing. The top 5 most commonly used Miscellaneous Charges are:
- Utility Deposit (click here to learn more)
- Day Visitor Fee
- Extra Vehicle Fee
- Late Check-Out Fee
- Early Check-in Fee
Navigate to Accounting
Using the primary navigation button, click on Campground Setup
Click on the Accounting tab
Click on Miscellaneous Charges tab
Existing miscellaneous charges are found and can be edited by clicking on the charge.
To Add a New Miscellaneous Charge
Click the Add Charge button
Complete the blank form
- Enter a name in the Miscellaneous Charge Name field.
- Enter a value in the Default Charge Amount field.**
- Select a Financial Account from the dropdown menu.
- Select a Deferred Financial Account from the dropdown menu.
- Select a Revenue Realization option by clicking on the radial button next to your selection**
- If Taxes apply to this miscellaneous charge, check the applicable box(es).
- Select the Is charge a deposit? box if this charge will be voided at the end of the guest’s stay to apply towards their bill or be refunded.
- The Status will automatically be set to “Active” but can be inactivated later if no longer in use.
- Click the green Add Charge button.
**Default Charge Amount: When added to a reservation, Miscellaneous Charges we price at the default charge amount but they can be manually changed on each reservation.
**Revenue Realization: The only configuration that cannot be changed once saved is the revenue realization setting.
The ability to create and edit miscellaneous charges is a permission based feature and must be selected under the user's role in order to access this feature.
Miscellaneous Charge as Deposit
Using a miscellaneous charge to manually add an additional deposit to a reservation is most often used only for utility deposits. Learn more here about this function.