Learn how to create new Utility Meter Readings and add them to your guests' invoices.
New to Utility Meter reading in Campspot? Make sure you have Activated your Site Meters. Check out this article to learn more!
After you have set up your Site Meters, you are ready to create a new utility meter reading and then assign the reading to an invoice. This article will explain how to create and add a Utility Meter reading to an invoice.
1. Navigate to Utility Metering from the main menu
2. Select the desired site from the list of Active meters. This action will display the Metered Site modal on your screen.
(the screen recordings below do not include sound)
3. Click the 'New Reading' button within the Metered Site modal.
4. Ensure you've chosen the correct utility or meter type if there are multiple options (e.g., water and electricity meters).
5. Click the 'New Reading' button to access the Add Reading modal.
6. Enter all the necessary reading information, double-check its accuracy, and decide whether to add it directly to an invoice. You'll be presented with up to three invoices to choose from if applicable, with the automatically selected one based on the reading date.
Note: The automatically selected invoice is the invoice that Campspot believes the reading should be added to based on the reading date. Change the invoice if necessary.
7. Optionally, you can choose to send a new charge email to your guest when entering the reading. This email contains a payment call to action.
If you prefer not to add the reading to an invoice or send the new charge email immediately, you can complete these tasks at a later time.
Note: The example above is for a long term reservation that is using recurring billing in order to bill their guest monthly.
We recommend completing a meter reading prior to each guest's check in on a site. Following the directions found HERE, completing an initial meter reading prior to a guest's check in will ensure an accurate baseline for future readings and charges on that booking.