When editing reservations, you may encounter errors or other roadblocks that will not allow you to complete the edit. Below, learn how to resolve these occurrences and complete reservation edits.
No Sites Available
The most common roadblock you can encounter when editing a reservation is seeing a No Sites Available message, or seeing sites available but not the the site that you're looking for.
This can occur when attempting any of the following edits:
- Moving a reservation to a different site
- Editing the check-in or check-out date
- Updating occupancy information
- Updating the RV Profile
- Adding a new site or Add-on
Below you will find troubleshooting recommendations that should help resolve this roadblock.
Note: the troubleshooting recommendations listed in this article do not need to be attempted in the exact order listed. Each troubleshooting recommendation is its own action that does not affect the next recommendation. If one recommendation resolves your roadblock, you do not need to try the next.
- Check that you are searching for the correct Site Type. If you are moving a reservation to a new Site Type, you will need to change the Campsite Type in the Site Search Criteria.
- Check that there are no reservations on the new site for the entire duration of the reservation. A reservation cannot be moved to a site that already has a reservation in it. If there is another reservation on the site for any part of the reservation (including past dates), you will need to split the reservation. You can quickly check if there are existing reservations on the site by looking at the grid on the Edit screen.
- If you have the correct permissions, override the Rules in the Site Search Criteria. Certain rules may stop the desired Site from showing up and will need to be overridden to complete the edit. If you do not have the correct permissions to complete an override, contact your manager for assistance.
- If the reservation is for an RV Site, try changing the Rv Profile to 'New Profile' in Site Search Criteria. The new Site may not be set up to accept the vehicle type or size of that in the reservation. In that case, the Site will not show up as available. Removing the Rv Profile should correct this.
- Check that you are not attempting to change the Check-in date to a date in the past. You cannot change the Check-in date to a past date, however, you can create a new reservation for past dates.
- Check that there is pricing in your Base Pricing spreadsheet for the dates that you are trying to edit the reservation. [READ HERE] to learn how to access your Base Prices. If there are no prices in for any of the reservation dates, you will not be able to complete the reservation edit. This occurs more often with longterm reservations when extending into the future or when past dates have been removed from a price sheet.
Note: If you are editing an Add-on with Dates on the reservation, you will need to check the Base Prices for Add-ons sheet as well.
The clip below shows each of these troubleshooting recommended troubleshooting steps except the last recommendation of checking Base Pricing.
At times you may encounter errors when attempting to edit a reservation. The image below shows an example of an error message. When you receive this type of message, please contact Campspot Support to assist with a resolution.