This article will show you how to best interpret and use the information provided on the POS Daily Sales Report by Item.
- This report lists all POS sales by individual item for each day in the specified date range.
- This report can be downloaded in CSV or PDF format.
- The categories on the CSV version of this report are Purchase Date, Financial Account, Item Category, Item, Net Quantity Sold, Sub Total, Total Discount Given, Total Tax, Total, Total Default Cost, Replenished Inventory, and Total Weighted Cost
- The categories on the PDF version of this report are Item, Net Quantity, Sub Total, Total Discount, Total Tax, Total and Total Default Cost. The items are also organized by date of sale and inventory category.
- The images below show an example of the CSV version of this report.
Common Report Uses
- Easily access a summary of all POS sales for a specified date range.
- View discounts given on POS sales for a specified date range.
- View all POS taxes collected for a specified date range.
- Compare this report and the Invoice Payment by Type report to reconcile POS transactions for the day.
Reports to Compare With or Supplemental Reports
- Invoice Payment by Type
- POS Daily Sales by Category
- POS Voided Items
Common Report Questions
Q: What is the difference between the Total Default Cost and the Total Weighted Cost categories?
A: The default cost is the cost that was entered manually as the default cost on the Inventory screen. The Weighted cost is the cost of good from purchase orders. These costs may differ depending on the supplier you purchased goods from and when goods were purchased. Campspot uses a 'first in first out' system with inventory. This means that the inventory that was entered first will be considered sold first. For this reason you may see different costs over the same day for Default Cost and Weighted Cost.
Q: Why am I only seeing zeros in the Replenished Inventory category?
A: Numbers will only show in the replenished inventory category if new inventory had been added on the specified date range. This could have been added via Inventory Adjustment or Purchase Order.
Q: Does this report show refunded items?
A: Yes. This report includes refunded POS items and these are indicated by negative numbers. Refunded items that were purchased on a different day than the specified date range will reflect as refunded on the day the refund was made, not the day the sale was made.