Learn the step-by-step process of creating a new Pencil-in Hold.
Pencil-In Holds in Campspot allow you to secure a campsite for a guest when their payment information is not immediately available. This feature empowers guests to complete their reservations within a specified time frame, ensuring a seamless booking process.
Pencil-In Holds are beneficial for:
- Holding a campsite temporarily when payment information is unavailable.
- Providing guests with the opportunity to finalize their reservations online within a designated time period.
Pencil-in holds display on the grid as grey blocks with text indicating the reservation holder's name. This type of hold can be locked and therefore may appear candy-striped.
Follow these steps to create Pencil-In Holds effectively:
Creating a New Pencil-in Hold
1. Select Booking from the main navigation at the top left. Once on the Reservation Grid, click the green New Reservation button on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Check In and Check Out dates then click the green magnifying glass button to search for available sites.
Tip: Refine your search using the options under Filter By on the left side of the grid.
3. Choose an available site and add it to your cart.
Please Note: If there are no sites showing as available on the Grid and you believe there should be, there may be a business Rule in place that is preventing them from showing as available. In this case, you can click the Override Rules checkbox under the date picker and select the reason for the override. Learn more about where to adjust your Park's Override Reasons here.
4. After selecting the site you want to reserve, enter any RV equipment information (if required), indicate if you are locking the site and applying any Flexible Lock Site Fee and then click Add to Cart.
5. Click the Shopping Cart button on the Site Summary window.
6. Click Proceed To Checkout.
7. On the first check out page, find out if the guest has stayed at the park before or create a new guest contact.
Best Practice: Capturing the guests' data is very important during this process. The system will automatically send the guest an email to outline the booking and enable them to complete the booking online.
All required information on the first Check Out page must be filled out in order to book a Pencil-in Hold.
Please Note: If your guest has an address outside of the United States, select their country first to adjust the phone number and postal fields in order to enter accurate information.
- If the guest has made a reservation with your park before and has an existing profile, click the green Select Existing Guest button and the guest information will be autofilled.
8. After entering all of the required information click the green Continue to Pencil-in Hold button.
The clip below shows the process of adding all the required information to continue to the next step.
9. On the next checkout screen, set the "Unclaimed Site Release" date and time, add relevant reservation notes, choose whether the guest should receive a confirmation email, and click "Confirm Pencil-In Reservation."
New to Pencil-In Holds? Click below to learn more: