Below, learn the step-by-step process of creating a new Pencil-in Hold and claiming the hold to confirm the reservation.
Pencil-in Holds are used to hold a spot on the grid in cases where you do not have your guest's payment information available at the time of booking.
When creating a new Pencil-in Hold, you will be required to set an Unclaimed Site Release date and time. The guest then has the ability to pay for the reservation online or by contacting your park up until the date and time that you set.
Pencil-in holds display on the grid as grey blocks with text indicating the reservation holder's name. This type of hold can be locked and therefore may appear candy-striped.
Creating a New Pencil-in Hold
1. Select Booking from the main navigation at the top left. Once on the Reservation Grid, click the green New Reservation button on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Check In and Check Out dates then click the green magnifying glass button to search for available sites.
Tip: You can make your search more specific by selecting any of the options under Filter By to the left of the grid.
3. After searching, the Reservation Grid will adjust to display available Sites matching your search criteria. Green 'Select' buttons appear for available sites on the Grid over the guest's chosen stay dates.
If there are no sites showing as available on the Grid and you believe there should be, there may be a business Rule in place that is preventing them from showing as available. In this case, you can click the Override Rules checkbox under the date picker and select the reason for the override.
4. Select the site you want to reserve and enter any RV equipment information (if required), indicate if you are locking the site and applying any Lock Site Fee and then click Add to Cart.
5. Click the Shopping Cart button on the Site Summary window. From the Shopping Cart, click Proceed To Checkout to enter the guest's information.
6. On the first check out page, enter all of the guest's required contact and billing information. If your guest has an address outside of the United States, select their country first to adjust the phone number and postal fields in order to enter accurate information.
If the guest has made a reservation with your park before and has an existing profile, click the green Select Existing Guest button and the guest information will be autofilled. On this page you will also indicate if any promo codes or discounts should be applied to the reservation.
All required information on the first Check Out page must be filled out in order to book a Pencil-in Hold. If you do not have all of the information at the time of booking, you can use your park's information as a placeholder and edit the guest information at a later time.
After entering all of the required information click the green Continue to Pencil-in Hold button.
The clip below shows the process of adding all the required information to continue to the next step.
7. On the next Check Out screen set the Unclaimed Site Release date and time, add any Reservation Note that applies to the hold, indicate if you want the guest to receive a confirmation email and then click Confirm Pencil-in Reservation.
Claiming a Pencil-in Hold
A Pencil-in Hold must be claimed before the Unclaimed Site Release date to make it a confirmed reservation. Your guest can claim their hold through the email they received, or they can contact you to complete it through the Admin Site.
Below, learn the steps to claim the hold through the Admin Site.
1. Locate the hold from the Reservation Grid or the Guest Profile and open it to access the Reservation Summary page. At the top of the page, click the Claim button.
2. On the first Check Out page confirm that all of the Guest and Billing information, Promo Codes and Discounts are correct and click Continue To Payment at the bottom of the page.
3. Confirm the payment amount shown is correct and select the Payment Method you'll use from the list displayed.
If the default total balance is not the amount being paid, make sure to select the Override Minimum Due checkbox and enter the amount in Other Amount.
8. Follow the prompts on the Payment Entry screen based on the Payment Method you selected. Verify whether you would like to send the guest an email confirmation upon reservation confirmation and then click the green button to submit the payment.
9. After the payment is submitted, the reservation is confirmed and will show on your Reservation Grid and Reservation List.