Learn more about importing Campspot's Journal Entry report into Quickbooks Desktop
Check out this article as well:
Quickbooks (QB) Desktop enables you to import financial results from reports available in Campspot. In this article, you will learn:
- Prerequisites to enable imports
- How to import the file into QB
- Which reports are available for an import
- Where to find additional Support
Before attempting an import from a report in Campspot, below are the requirements you have to complete before attempting an import into QB:
- Your QB account configuration cannot use sub-accounts. There are no sub-accounts in Campspot financial accounting setup.
- All Financial Account numbers in Campspot must match a corresponding account in QB.
Note: If you find that activity is being attributed to a Financial Account in Campspot that does not exist in Quickbooks you will either need to:
- Update your Campspot Financial Account mapping so that the activity is routed to an account that exists in QB
- Create a new account in QB that matches the account being reported in Campspot
- If your accounting method is accrual the following accounts need to be configured in a specific way in Quickbooks.
- Prepaid Deposits account needs to be set up as a “Other Current Liability” account type in QB.
- Deferred Revenue account needs to be set up as a “Other Current Liability” account type in QB.
- Accounts Receivable needs to be set up as a “Other Current Asset” account type in QB.
How to Import
Below are steps provided by the QB Intuit Support site. These are not directions created by Campspot and are subject to change.
Open your QuickBooks database and select from the menu: File -> Utilities -> Import. An Import file dialog box will open.
Select the file saved from Campspot
Note: The data will be imported as soon as you click Open without a preview. Take care to double check which file you have selected.
To review the imported journal entry, go to Reports -> Accountant & Taxes -> Journal, or select the Accounts Receivable account from Lists -> Chart of Accounts.
Campspot Reports for Quickbooks
Reports in Campspot:
- Journal Entry (Accrual Basis Detailed with Inventory - Quickbooks IIF)
- Journal Entry (Accrual Basis Detailed without Inventory - Quickbooks IIF)
- Journal Entry (Cash Basis - Quickbooks IIF)
Note: If you are unable to open the downloaded Journal Entry file, you may need to select which application on your computer to "Open With" - in this case, you want to open and save it in Excel.
For more information on how to use this QB feature, click Quickbooks Intuit Support Site.